30/10/2014

On the other side



It was a dark night, I was in a shabby bus stop waiting for the bus to come, so I could return home. I was in London, coming back from my job that was at the huge building at my back. I made extra work because I wanted a rise, it was really late almost 2:00 AM. The bus didn't  arrive and I was alone in the deserted street, followed by the black darkness and the white moon. It was quiet ,like if the different sounds were mute and the only living thing was me. There were only two lights one near the bus stop and the other one was in the other street. I took out my cellphone and I look at the time, it was 2:15 AM and the cellphone was running out of battery. When I left the cellphone in my pocket I saw a suspicious man staring at me on the other street. He was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and dark blue pants. He was with the hood on and I couldn't see his face.



He was standing still,he didn't move from his position.  It was freezing, It was as if the moon had taken over the sun. The street was isolated, but it felt as if the other street was getting closer and closer. So I took out my luxurious jacket that I had in my cramped backpack full of things, and I put it on. Nothing changed, the cold was taking part of my body. I tried if I could see his face, but the darkness didn't let me. It was getting uncomfortable and I couldn't wait for the bus to come. I wanted to see if the bus was coming looking to my left, but inside of me something told me that I shouldn't. So I waited for a signal of life to come and safe me from this loneliness and tell me that I am not dreaming. 

I put the hood of my gorgeous grey jacket on, and I tried to remember what was next to this bus stop. I was thinking in my head "I remember, another similar building next to this bus stop, and another bus stop next to this one. There were two lights on the other street, but the one of the bus stop was broken". Maybe that man was waiting for the bus like me, but he looked strange. After some minutes I looked at my cellphone again and it was 2:30 AM and the cellphone was at 5% of battery , there was no signal so I put it again into my pocket. But he was there... looking at me.



I was tired, the first thing that I wanted to do when I arrived home was to go straight to bed and sleep. I couldn't stand it anymore I wanted to know who he was.
-Who are you ?- I asked interested, but he didn't answer. - Why are you staring at me ?- I asked nervous. Finally he said - watch out. The gap in the door... it's a separate reality- he said in advice, but I didn't knew what he was saying.- Are you the only you ?- he asked with a strange voice without moving the face. - the only me is me-  I answered confused. -Are you sure that the only you is you ? - he asked a non answer question. A sound was coming at my left and my right. Two busses at the same time arrived at both bus stops. Stunned I enter to the bus and set on a tacky bus chair and I started to think about what he said. That was the last time I ever saw him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment